The Nancy K. Jensen Memorial Scholarship
Nancy K. Jensen
was an active member and beloved friend of the Greater Seattle Ninety-Nines. Nancy departed the fix on February 12, 2014 after losing a year long battle with cancer. She had been a private pilot since 1976 and joined The Ninety-Nines in 1977, becoming a life member after serving as Greater Seattle Chapter Chairman and Northwest Section Governor. She loved to serve her Ninety-Nines and was a four time winner of her chapter's achievement award.
A scholarship in Nancy's memory is awarded yearly to a student pilot with a minimum of 6 hours flight time logged, to be used toward completion of Private Pilot Certificate including flight and simulator training, ground school, and test fees. To be eligible, you must
- Be a female resident of Western Washington, 15 years of age or older
- Be a member of The Ninety-Nines
- Be enrolled in a recognized ground school or be able to provide proof of participation in ground school instruction
- Possess current medical and student pilot certificates
- Provide anticipated written exam date
- Be willing to work with a Ninety-Nine member mentor and attend chapter meetings to report on your progress
To apply for this scholarship, please download our 2018 application, follow instructions, and send in the completed application to our Scholarship Chair to the email or address provided in the application. Applications must be received by email or postmarked no later than March 31, 2018. Scholarship award will be awarded at our May 16, 2018 meeting. For inquiries or questions about the scholarship, contact our scholarship chair, Eva Parks.
Our scholarship is funded by proceeds from our Flying Companion Seminars and generous donations from our supporters, people like you. If you would like to donate to our scholarship fund, please click on the button below.
Amelia Earhart Memorial Scholarship for Women Pilots
The Amelia Earhart Memorial Scholarship is awarded through The International Ninety-Nine organization. Established in 1940 to help deserving members to further accomplishments, today the Amelia Earhart Memorial Scholarship Fund exceeds $5 million and provides:
- Five scholarships for licensed pilot members to advance in training and education in aviation and aerospace, including scholarships to complete additional pilot certificates and ratings, jet type ratings, college degrees, technical training, emergency maneuver training, and an international scholarship
- Research scholar grants to add to the world's knowledge of women in aviation and aerospace
To learn more about these scholarships for pilots, check out The Ninety-Nine's Scholarship Page
Fly Now Awards for Student Pilots
The Fly Now Awards are semiannual awards up to $6000 based on completion of specific training milestones. They are available to student pilot members of The Ninety-Nines who meet eligibility requirements. To be eligible, applicants must
- Hold a student pilot certificate
- Have been an official student pilot member one month prior to the application deadline
- Show financial need
For more information on the Fly Now Awards for Student Pilots, check out The Ninety-Nine's Fly Now Award page